The Scioto County Young Republicans met for the first time on Saturday at the Holiday Inn in Portsmouth.
The club’s leadership presented about the club’s purpose, procedures, and future activities.
In addition to the club’s introduction, Scioto County Commissioner Bryan Davis gave remarks. Attendees included members, officeholders, candidates, and friends of the club.
The club’s inaugural executive board is as follows:
Chairman – Collin Finn
Vice-Chairman – Ryan Schiesser
Treasurer – Gary Jenkins
Secretary – Emma Coleman
Director of Membership & Events – Audrey Stratton
The mission of the Scioto Young Republicans, according to the club’s constitution, is:
- To develop, maintain, and grow a countywide Young Republican organization
- To bring people into the Republican Party
- To provide an opportunity for political participation and recognition
- To train political volunteers with practical means so they may contribute to the
development and betterment of the Republican Party as a service to the United States of America, the state of Ohio, and its communities within Scioto County
- To engage young republicans in social functions, furthering cohesion among young
people supporting Republican ideals and candidates
- To uphold the standards of the Ohio Republican Party and Scioto County Republican Party
All young conservatives between the ages of 18 and 40 are invited to join as full members, while all others are invited to join as associate members. Anyone interested in joining can visit Facebook.com/sciotoyrs or contact Collin Finn at (740)352-7138.