The Scioto County Sheriff’s Office is hiring a new deputy sheriff and a corrections officer. They announced today that the office is accepting electronic employment applications for the new positions. Check out the next four slides for everything you need to know about applying:
Starting pay for the Sheriff’s Deputy is $18.86 an hour. That works out to approximately $39,228.80 annually.
Pay will increase as follows:
- 0-6 mos $18.86
- 7-12 mos $19.61
- 13-48 mos $21.02
- 49-72 mos $21.66
- 73-96 mos $22.55
- 6 – 97 + mos $23.35
Starting Pay for the Corrections Officer position is $16.51 – $17.43 per hour. (after completing certification)
The pay increases as follows:
- 0-6 mos $16.51
- 7-12 mos $17.43
- 13-48 mos $17.99
- 49-72 mos $18.62
- 73-96 mos $19.11
- 97 + mos $19.79
Benefits for the Deputy position include:
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance benefits
- Three paid personal days annually
- Twelve paid holidays
- Fifteen days of paid sick leave per year
- Ten days of paid vacation leave accrual after one year
- Ohio Public Employment Retirement System (OPERS) employer contributes 18.1%
- Access to Ohio Deferred Compensation retirement plan
The Sheriff’s Office did not specify what benefits are available for the Corrections Officer position.
Scioto County Sheriff jobs
The requirements for the deputy position include:
- 21 years of age or older
- Current (up to date) Ohio Peace Officer Certification
- A stringent criminal background check (to include a CVSA – Computerized Voice Stress Analyzer and/or Polygraph test
- Valid Ohio Driver’s License
- Must be available to work 40 flexible hours per week along with unpredictable overtime hours
- Submit to and pass a Drug Screen Test prior to employment
Requirements for the corrections officer position include:
21 years of age or older
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 160-Hour Basic Training For Full Service Jail Personnel Certificate (Basic Corrections Course) preferred.
- Prior experience dealing with the public and inmates/prisoners preferred.
- Experience operating radio equipment, cameras, fingerprinting equipment, personal
How To Apply
Go to http://www.sciotocountysheriff.com/…/2019.APPLICATION.2019 to fill out an employment application.
Submit in person at the Scioto County Sheriff’s Office Monday thru Friday between the hours of 8:00 am thru 4:00 pm. Applications may also be submitted electronically by emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org Put“EMPLOYMENT” in the subject line. Make sure to bring a resume with you or attach it to your email.