Portsmouth Ohio, Police responded to multiple reports of aggressive dogs running loose on Sunday. Plus a man who said he loaned his car to a woman who sold it without telling him. We break down the highlights from the police log in these next 12 slides
Keep It down
- Officers responded to High Street for a loud music complaint just after midnight. They advised residents to keep it down.
- A High Street caller reported loud people on a front porch at 2:45 am and again at 3:28 am. Police didn’t see anyone on the porch.
- Just before 4 pm, a caller reported women arguing in a Summit Street apartment. By the time police arrived, the woman causing the disturbance was gone.
Donuts At Night
An Argonne Road caller reported a 4-wheeler doing donuts in their back yard at 12:48 am. By the time officers arrived, the 4-wheeler was put away. They advised the owner.
- Officers answered an alarm at Catholic Social Services just before 2 am. Police said everything looked secure.
- Police answered an alarm at Portsmouth Eagles just before 7 am. All was secure.
- An alarm sounded at Highland Head Start at 5:30 pm. Police said everything looked secure.
Man Chasing Woman
Officers received a report of a man chasing a woman in an alley near 11th Street at 5 am. Police did not find a woman at the scene. It was an argument between neighbors.
Hey, That’s My Stuff
The BP on Gallia called police to report a shoplifter at 6:20 am. The shoplifter had already left. Police took a report.
Under The Influence
- Just before 10 am, a caller asked to speak to an officer about drug activity and a parking complaint. The officer said he’d check the parking complaint and suggested the caller contact the drug task force.
- Police responded to a report of an overdose in Wendy’s parking lot just before 6 pm. Officers took a woman into custody and arranged for her vehicle to be towed.
- At exactly the same time on Grand Street, another person overdosed. The Portsmouth Fire Department revied the patient who refused further medical treatment.
Who Let The Dogs Out?
- A 20th Street caller notified police about a neighbor’s loose dog just after 10 am. She said the animal runs loose and is aggressive. The officer advised her to contact animal control.
- Officers responded to Vinton Avenue at 4:34 pm for a dog attack. A caller said a strange pit bull was in her yard. The animal attempted to attack her dog. Officers contacted animal control.
Time To Go
Police went to the Royal Inn on Kendall just after noon for a report of a woman who refused to leave. She was trespassed and escorted from the property.
A Charles Street caller reported damage to his car just after 3 pm. He believed a woman keyed it. Police made contact with the woman to notify her of the complaint.
B & E
A 5th Street neighbor spotted two people breaking into a condemned house. Officers took them into custody.
Not Much Of A Party
At 11:13 pm, a caller reported an unresponsive man bleeding from his head at the Party Time Bar on 4th Street.
The caller did not know how the man was injured. An ambulance transported him to SOMC.
Somebody Sold My Car!
At 11:45 pm, a man asked to speak to an officer about a bizarre situation. He claimed he allowed a woman to borrow his Saturn Vue.
She then sold the vehicle without his permission. The title was in the glove box. To add insult to injury, he claimed she threw a pipe at his truck. The pipe left a scratch on the rear driver-side quarter panel.
Officers took a report.