Judging by the police log, a lot of Portsmouth residents saw last Saturday as the perfect time to get wasted. Police also responded to an alleged rape and multiple domestic incidents. Get the highlights in these next 9 slides. To get the full, unfiltered story, become an SCDN VIP. Click here to learn how it works.
Under The Influence
- Officers responded to Bannon Park just after midnight for a report of an overdose on the basketball court. Police detained a man with a warrant out of Montgomery County. He was sent to Grant Hospital for further treatment.
- An officer discovered a possible OD on Kendall Avenue just before 2 am. A man was found lying in the grass. He refused medical treatment.
- Another man lying on the ground brought officers to North Avenue just before 4 am. The man refused treatment.
- Just before 9 am, officers received a report of an intoxicated hitchhiker staggering around Pleasant Avenue. He was discovered passed out at the intersection of Harrisonville and Pleasant. The police called him a cab.
- Police received a report of two people passed out in the alley behind Poplar Street. They were gone when police arrived.
- Just after noon, police were called to Gallia Street for a report of a high shirtless man in an alley. He also had a large tick bite on the back of his neck. Police weren’t sure if he was high or had other medical problems.
- Police responded to an overdose on Spring Street just before 9 pm. The Portsmouth Fire Department transported the man.
- A caller reported a woman shooting up at the Fast Stop Market just after 11 pm. Police took the woman into custody.
- At 11:28, police responded to a call for a man stumbling around and falling on Logan Street. He was taken away in an ambulance.
Pokemon Go and a Missing Knife
A man called officers just after 1 am in regards to a knife. The knife was taken from him after an altercation at Racy Park with his wife. He also believed a gentleman was following him in the park.
The man he thought was following him was actually out playing Pokemon Go.
Police were called to Wayne Avenue for a report of a busted windshield. Turns out the registered owner had a warrant. Police couldn’t find him to notify him of the damage to his vehicle.
Ten Dollar Fight
A fight over ten bucks called officers to 8th Street. Two men were arguing over $10. One claimed he’d asked the other to hold it. The other said he never got it.
Officers were called to take a reported of an alleged rape just after 6 am. The victim was on the way to Adena Hospital in an ambulance. Police said they didn’t have enough evidence to take action until the sexual assault kid results came back.
An angry woman dropped by a Logan Street residence just after 9 am and threw a shovel through the door. Police took a report.
Kendall Avenue Confidential
- Police responded to Kendall Avenue for a 911 hang up just before 11 am. A woman had dropped her money and couldn’t find it. When she found it, she just hung up. She also appeared to have dropped a bag of drugs. Police impounded the item.
- Officers responded to Kendall Avenue call at 12:09 pm. A mom reported her daughter came in and tore up her apartment. Nothing was taken. The mom didn’t want to file a report.
Police were called to 8th Street just after 3 pm for a report of a guy in jeans with a shirt over his shoulder exposing himself to the public. He was gone when police arrived.
At 3:37 pm, a caller reported a man passed out sitting against a building on 11th street who matched the description. Police said he did not appear to be intoxicated or exposed.
Man With A gun
A caller reported a man with a red was carrying a gun on Offnere Street just after 6 pm. Police arrested him at 14th and Robinson.