Can’t We All Just Get Along?
- Officers responded to Grant Street at 12:43 am for a report of a man arguing with a woman in a driveway. The caller said the man threatened to bust windows.
- Police said the married couple argued over one of the wife’s friend. The couple said there was no damage to any vehicles or talk about damaging vehicles. The husband went home. The wife decided to stay with her aunt.
- Officer answered a report of domestic on Winchester Avenue just after 5 pm. Neither party showed any sign of physical violence. Police said the woman involved was uncooperative. The man left voluntarily. Police advised her on the process of obtaining a protection order.
- Police arrested a woman for violating a TPO just before 8 pm. However, they learned the order was no longer valid and took her home.
- Officers were called to the magic Tunnel Car Wash at 6:53 pm for a report of a man and woman physically fighting. Police said they were gone by the time they arrived.
- A caller reported a woman and her adult son arguing on High Street just before 7 pm. Police advised the parties to calm down.
- An alarm sounded at the auxiliary homeless shelter on 17th Street just after 2 am. The person in charge said everything was fine.
- A residential alarm went off just after 3 am on Hutchins. The alarm company called a few minutes later to cancel.
- Just before 5 am, a caller reported a man at Biggs House calling for help. He dropped a water bottle at 3:30 and suffered from back and leg cramps when he went to get it. He laid down to stretch out his back and needed help getting back into bed. The man declined medical treatment.
- A caller told police at 9:57 am that a man on Kinneys Lane said someone was trying to shoot him. Police found the man and got him to agree to go to SOMC. They took his bicycle for safekeeping.
Under The Influence
- Officers responded to an overdose call on 6th Street just before 5:30 am. It turned out the man had a warrant. Police took him to jail.
- A caller reported an overdose at the Woodbine Apartments just after 6 am. The man refused medical treatment.
- A Thomas Avenue caller reported a man overdosed on the front porch of an apartment at 2:42 pm. Medics treated the man.
- Police were called to Summit Street after a resident found drug-related items in the area. An officer destroyed the items.
- Officers responded to a man 36-year-old man overdosing on Kent Street at 8:30 pm. The man was revived.
- Another overdose call came in at 9:48 pm, this time on Wayne Avenue.
Hey, That’s My Stuff
- A Mabert Road caller contacted police at 8:30 am to report someone broke in and stole 3 guns. Police took information for a report.
- A woman came home to her 17th Street apartment at 2:47 pm and discovered a break-in. Police took a report.
- Kroger security called police for help with a shoplifter just after 3 pm. A few minutes later they called back to report the shoplifter had returned the items and left eh area.
- Police responded to a report of a vehicle stolen near the Sonic Drive-In just after 8 pm.
Meanwhile at Speedway
Officers responded to a report that James Wilson, who is barred from the Speedway, was on the lot just after 9:30 pm. In the past, Wilson has been jailed for refusing to leave the property. Police took a report.
A Gallia Street resident called police at 11:23 pm for help getting rid of some unwanted guests. The caller said they’d allowed two people to come to the house to take a shower.
However, the two people moved in with clothing and their belongings. Police advised the residents on proper eviction procedures.