Sunday had Portsmouth Police Officers playing referee for family drama, assisting the intoxicated, checking out local bars. We’ve got 10 slides with the highlights of their calls. If you’d like the whole unfiltered story, sign up for VIP membership. Click here to learn how it works.
Meanwhile At Party Time Bar
- At 01:35, police did a walk-through at the Party Time Bar. All appeared calm. They turned up a dude with a warrant and advised him.
- Then officers headed over to Noggins. The bar was busy but they noted no issues.
- JJ’s was closed by the time they got there to do a check.
Under the Influence
- Police were called Super Quik on the Scioto Trail for a report of a man passing out behind the wheel of a vehicle at the pumps. They took him into custody and had the vehicle towed.
- Police towed another vehicle due to an intoxicated driver at DK Food Mart just after 4 am. Someone picked up the driver.
- Just after 10 am, officers were called to Thomas Avenue for an OD. The Portsmouth Fire Department treated the subject.
- At 11:42, a caller reported an apparently intoxicated woman yelling at traffic on 12th Street. Shawnee State University officers agreed to respond. She was gone when they arrived.
- Shawnee State Officers also took a call for a woman passed out in a pickup truck just after noon. They said she was fine when they got there.
- Police were called to the Royal Inn for a report of an OD just after 11 pm. The man refused transport.
That’s My Stuff
At 10:21 a caller reported their blue Ford f-150 and medication were stolen sometime overnight. Police took a report.
Time to Behave, Kids
- A juvenile was issued a citation for driving a red ATV up and down 25th street just after 3:30 pm. The ATV was towed.
- At 5 pm, officers were called to Mound Park for a report of kids damaging tables.
Can’t We All Just Get Along?
- Neighbors reported a domestic incident on Rose Street just after 4 pm.
- They claimed a man and a woman were fighting.
- The man said he’d just woken up. Both the man and woman denied any type of argument.
Police were called to Midpoint Associates on 11th Street at 7 pm on a report of multiple people hanging around the back of the building.
No one was there when officers arrived. But there is a dumpster that doesn’t belong to the building. Officers think that’s what’s attracting attention and suggested it be removed.
Child in Danger?
At 7:30 pm, police were called to Mabert Road for a report of a child between three and four years old walking back and forth in the road. The child was returned to its mother.
Just after 8 pm, Timlin Avenue residents called to report a strange man at the end of their driveway yelling about owning a house. They described him as tall and walking a dog.
- A pair took their family drama to the American Legion on Sunday night. Officers were called just before 10 pm.
- The wife said that her husband accuses her of being responsible for their son’s death whenever he gets drunk.
- The husband damaged the inside of his own car and left the bar.
- His wife said she’d stay with a friend.
- No charges were filed but the American Legion will ban him for 30 days.
- Just after 10 pm, police were called to a Waller Street apartment.
- A woman said her stepbrother and his girlfriend flooded her apartment and took her keys.
- Officers got in touch with PMHA maintenance. They shut off water and electricity to take care of the problem.