Officers, a good neighbor, and the Health Department teamed up to rescue a pup in bad shape on Saturday. Police also dealt with a lot of folks under the influence. You can check out the highlights in these 11 slides. There are also several bizarre calls that I’m attempting to get more information on. If you’d like to check out the unfiltered police log with all the details, consider becoming a VIP member. Click here to learn how it works.
Call For Help
Dispatch originally had a hard time hearing a man who called for help at 12:23 am. His phone kept cutting in and out. He thought he was having a stroke but decided he didn’t need help. An hour later he called back and requested an ambulance.
Gunshots or Firecrackers
- A caller reported gunshots at a 10th Street residence at 1:16 am. Police didn’t find anything when they arrived.
- Another report of a gunshot on Woodland Avenue just after 6 pm. Police think it might have been a firecracker.
Police responded to a noise complaint at Richard Noggins Pub just after 1 am. When they checked it out, they didn’t hear anything.
- A driver police stopped on Kinneys Lane was missing a few things: a license plate and a driver’s license. Officers issued a citation and called for a tow truck to take the vehicle to impound.
- Police stopped a woman riding a bicycle on Grant Street at 3:30 am. They advised her to get a bicycle light.
Under The Influence Part 1
- Officers were called to Findlay Street for a report of a man on the balcony being loud just after 1:30 am. He was gone when they arrived.
- A caller reported an apparently drunken man lying on the ground on 6th Street. He was taken to the hospital.
- Just before 4 am, PPD responded to a report of a woman lying on the U.S. Grant Bridge. She was gone when they arrived
- Officers answered a call to Kendall Avenue just after 4 am for a woman having a drug-related seizure. She refused treatment.
- Police were called to AT & T Wireless at 11:24 am for a report of a man and a woman in the store. The pair were “really high” and could hardly hold their eyes open. Neither had identification. The pair left the property but came back 45 minutes later. The man requested an ambulance. Both were arrested and their vehicle was impounded.
- A caller reported an overdose on Wayne Avenue at 1:02 pm. The man had warrants in Lawrence County but the jail was unable to take him. Police advised him to take care of his warrant.
Under The Influence Part 2
- Officers responded to a report of someone driving recklessly on 20th Street just after 1:33 pm. They arrested the woman and charged her with DCD.
- Officers responded to Woodbine Apartments on Kendall at 2 pm for a report of an overdose.
- A caller reported a woman sitting near the Four Keys Inn shooting up just after 10 pm. When officers arrived, she was gone.
- Police responded to JJ Shenanigans just before 11 pm for a report of a woman in distress. She was taken to SOMC and items were impounded to be destroyed.
- Just before midnight, police answered a call on Robinson Avenue. A man said people inside the house were using drugs and acting strangely. They seemed to be fine when police arrived.
Meanwhile at Speedway
Just before 6 am, Speedway on Gallia reported a man refusing to leave the store. He eventually left.
- At 7:34 am, a caller reported two boys kicking a truck on 11th Street. Police were unable to find the boys or the truck.
- Six minutes later officers received a report of a window busted out of a Chevy in the PMHA parking lot on Kendall.
Can’t We All Just Get Along?
- A man called officers at 8:39 am to complain his roommate cussed him out and threatened him. Police advised the two to keep it civil.
- A fight between a man and woman at Goodwill Industries prompted a call to police at 3 pm. The disagreement was verbal. Police advised them to go their separate ways.
- Officers answered a call to 5th Street for a report of family members fighting just before 5 pm. Turns out the fight was a verbal disagreement between kids though the girl cut herself when she pushed a door.
- A woman reported that her boyfriend attempted to run her over on 5th Street just before 7 pm. She also claimed he busted her TV. Police took a report and offered advice on filing a TPO.
- Officers responded to Farley Court just after 8 pm for a report of a man beating his girlfriend. He had a warrant. Police took him into custody.
Doggie In Danger
A caller told officers that people remodeling a Sterling Avenue Home tied a dog up in the garage several days ago. The dog is crying. The caller went over to feed and water it.
He reported the dog is in bad shape with a torn ear and that there were flies all over the animals. He FaceTimed the animal to the police so they could see its condition. Officers made a report to the County Dog Warden.
Just after 3:30 pm, the Health Department asked for an officer to assist him in picking up the dog. Police helped the Health Department retrieve the friendly pup. The animal is now safe.
Hey! That’s My Stuff
A caller reported his Samsung Galaxy S10 stolen from the Goodwill parking lot just after 4:30 pm. Police took a report.