PPD Officers answered calls about possible child sex assault, a kidnapped daughter, and a man with a knife on Friday. We’ve got the highlights of the 82 calls they responded to in these next 11 slides. To get the full, unfiltered story, become an SCDN VIP. Click here to learn how it works.
Meanwhile At Speedway
- Shortly after midnight, PPD officers responded to a disturbance call at the Speedway on Gallia. The suspect offered to wait for police outside and informed employees he wasn’t afraid of the police. Officers spoke with the man. He agreed to leave the area.
- A Speedway employee reported a man passed out in a car on the lot just after 7:30 pm. He left before the police arrived.
At 1:22 am, a young man called to report that his mom, stepfather, and brother were arguing and fighting inside their Center Street home. Police discovered the son was upset because he was told to turn off his TV.
Officers responded to Walnut and Buch Street at 1:30 am. A driver admitted he was going the wrong way. The vehicle was towed and officers contacted the owner of the car to notify her that her vehicle was impounded.
Lost And Found
A caller reported his wallet stolen out of his vehicle at Savory Foods just before 2 am. He called back twenty minutes later to say he’d found the wallet with everything in it.
Kendall Avenue Confidential
- Officers detained a man at the Royal Inn just before 4 am. He had a probation bench warrant from Portsmouth Municipal Court. Police obtained information for a report.
- A man wrecked a vehicle near the corner of Kendall and 17th at 7:22 am. He took the tag off the vehicle and went into Wayne Hills.
- Just after 11:30 am officers responded to a domestic on Kendall Avenue. A woman claimed her husband threatened to break her car windows. Since the argument was still only verbal, officers advised of the options. The woman said she would leave the scene.
Under the Influence
- A Kentland Avenue resident called police at 7:30 am to report that her roommate refused to come out of the bedroom. She believed the roommate was high on drugs. Officers said the woman was intoxicated but appeared fine and was safe in her own space. Police told her roommates they’d have to file an eviction if they wanted her gone.
- Police answered a call to the Oasis Convenient Mark at 1 pm. A woman refused to leave the store. She appeared intoxicated and had open sores on her arms and legs. She complained of chest pains. Police summoned an ambulance.
- A caller reported a man face down in Tracy Park at 8 pm. He was fine when police arrived.
Man With A Knife
A caller reported a man threatened her and another man .with a knife on Summit Street just before 8 am. She ran to another home. The man tried to stab his landlord and the woman maced him.
A few minutes later she called back and she’d spotted him riding a bicycle around an abandoned house on Center Street. Officers took information for a report.
Daughter In Danger?
A woman called police just before 10 am and asked them to check on the welfare of her daughter. She believed a man was holding her against her will. Further, she claimed the man came to her daughter’s place of work three days ago and made her leave with him. No one has seen her since.
A parole officer accompanied the police to a Dever Street address to check out the report. Parole took him into custody. A search of the residence revealed that the missing woman was not there. However, officers did stay behind to question the other residents at the location of the woman’s whereabouts.
Kids On The Roof
A woman notified police of two small kids on the roof on Franklin Avenue. She said they climbed through a window and onto the room. She knocked on the door of the home but no one answered.
Officers spoke with the mother. She handled the issue.
A woman notified police that she suspected a man had molested her children. As the alleged incidents did not happen in Portsmouth, police advised her to make the Scioto County Sheriff’s Office aware.
She was also advised to take the children to Adena Hospital ASAP to get a sexual assault exam.
The woman spoke with a deputy while the police were there.
A Thomas Avenue caller reported a man with a gun on his hip attempting to assault an elderly woman and her grandchild. Police detained a man and advised everyone involved. No report was taken.