Portsmouth Police Officers responded to a report of a Cleveland “Hit Squad” hunting a man on Wayne Avenue, some family squabbles, and the usual issues with drugs on Friday. We break down the highlights. If you’d like to see the full, unfiltered police logs, become a VIP member of SCDN. Click here to learn how it works.
- Just before 4 am, officers responded to Hudson House for a report of a brick thrown through a sliding glass door. They took information for a report.
- A man walking down Kendall Avenue with a pipe caused a stir just after 6:30 pm. When officers caught up with him, he explained that he was looking for a guy who stole his phone. Police advised him not to walk around with a pipe.
- Officers were summoned to Auburn Avenue at 9:30 pm for a report of someone cutting tires on a vehicle.
Kids in Danger?
A caller reported children in danger at 9:33 am on Friday. He claimed kids were screaming and crying and being beaten. Officers checked with their grandfather. He was watching them. Police say the kids were laughing and playing. No sign of abuse and the house was in good order.
Police were called to Biggs House to offer an assist. A 400 lb man fell and needed help to get up.
Guy With A Gun
- Just after 12:30, police were called to Wayne Avenue.
- A caller reported a man entering people’s apartments and pointing guns at them.
- The caller also said a lot of people were in town from Cleveland looking for the guy with the gun.
- He claimed the out-of-towners intended to shoot him.
- Police checked several apartments
Drugs and ODs
- Just before 1 pm, police received a report of a man shooting up on the front porch of a Thomas Avenue apartment. Police checked the scene and saw no sign of drug activity.
- At 9:25 pm, officers were called to McConnell Avenue for a report of a man who’d OD’d in a gold Malibu. He refused treatment.
- Just before 10 pm, police were called to Mound Street for a report of a woman shooting up in an alley. She was gone by the time the arrived.
Can’t We All Just Get Along?
- Police were called to 17th Street for a report of two men fighting. One of them had a knife. No one was injured.
- At 5:18 pm, a man called officers to 14th Street to report a neighbor had threatened to shoot his family. He claimed the man was a drug dealer. Police took a report.
Dog In Danger
- Police were called to Gallia Street at 3:30 pm for a report of a dog in a car.
- A caller reported that the window was barely cracked.
- The dog’s owner called before police could get there and said she was in the car with the pup.
- At 4:45 pm, police were called to 5th Street for a report of a man who was cold and not breathing.
- The coroner sent to transport.
- Police contacted the next of kin.
- Officers were called to Mabert Road at 5:12 pm.
- A woman said two dogs attacked her. Animal Control picked up the dogs.
- The animals will be held for 10 days for the owner to pick up.
- Officers were called to intervene in a family custody dispute on Grandview at 5:25 pm.
- A woman said she’d come to pick up her kids from her parents for visitation.
- She said the parents would only give her one of her two children. Police advised her to contact her attorney.