PPD Officers had a busy but strange Friday. Some of the behavior described was so odd, I checked to see if the moon was full. Check out these next six slides for the highlights. To get the full, unfiltered story, become an SCDN VIP. Click here to learn how it works.
Where’s My Stuff
- A woman notified PPD about a stolen laptop just after midnight on Friday. When she noticed it missing, she suspected an acquaintance. He’d attempted to get another friend to meet him at Cashland but then later called back and said his problems were taken care of. He wouldn’t tell the woman exactly what he planned to pawn. However, she’s pretty sure it’s her Chromebook. Police took a report.
- Just after 2:30 am, someone reported a man and woman going through a dumpster at a Robinson Avenue business. The caller thought the pair might try to break in. They were gone when police arrived.
- Officer answered a call to a local rehab facility. An employee is suspected of stealing medication from a patient. Police took a report.
- Officers took a report of a gun stolen from a 29th Street home at 3:53 pm.
Check This Out
He also said he wanted to turn himself in for multiple crimes. Police said he does have a history of mental health issues. They stopped by his address to make sure everyone was okay. Everybody was fine. Police delivered a message for the family to call the Ohio State Patrol to see about coming to get the man.
Under The Influence
- A caller reported four people doing drugs in a car in front of this 17th Street home just after 2 am. Police said by the time they arrived, the vehicle was gone.
- At 9:30 am, officers answered a call to Royce Street. The caller reported people outside a boarded-up house doing drugs. They were gone when police arrived.
- Police were called to 11th Street at 9:41 am for a report of a woman going through withdrawal who was not unresponsive. Transported to an emergency was requested.
- Officers responded to Berta Avenue for a report of a woman passed out in a vehicle. Police found crack and heroin on her person. The jail refused to accept custody of the woman. Officers called her mom to come and get her.
- A caller reported a man apparently tweaking on drugs on Offnere Street just after 11 am. The caller said the man kept scratching his face. Police said he looked fine when they arrived.
- Police answered a call to Kendall Avenue for a report of a man high on drugs “acting crazy” in the middle of the road. He was gone when police arrived.
- Police caught up with a man on Thomas Avenue at 3 pm who had a pocket full of needles. The officer cut his pants pockets to get them out safely and then impounded the items.
- Officers responded to an overdose on Findlay Street just after 5 pm. The man was awake when officers arrived and refused help.
The Health Department called officers to report people inside a condemned 6th Street home in need of assistance.
Officers discovered a woman had a warrant. The jail said they’d take the woman as long as she was healthy.
Bunch Of Guns
A caller reported that a man who was “talking out of his head” dumped a bunch of weapons on the ground in Bannon Park just after 1 pm. Police caught up with him and he consented to a search. The found pill bottles in someone else’s name and garbage on his person, but no weapons.
Barefoot and Booked
Just before 3 pm, a man jumped out of moving truck on Dorman Drive. The barefoot man then ran around in the middle of the street waving a towel and yelling. Multiple people in the neighborhood called in.
Police picked him up and the jail agreed to accept him after some not so gentle nudging from PPD.