Portsmouth Police Reports: Suspicious Naked Characters
Suspicious naked characters, a mysterious man named Pineapple, and a dude who pulled a knife on his mom over a stimulus check kept officers busy. We break down the highlights from the Portsmouth Police Chief’s Daily Briefing.
Suspicious Naked Characters
- Just before 10 pm, a caller reported a naked man dancing around at Speedway. Officers could not locate the nude dancing machine.
- Twenty minutes later another caller reported an apparently high shirtless man near Tim Horton’s Officers did catch up with him near Kroger and took him home.
Man With A Machete
Just after midnight, a Vinton Avenue Caller Reported a man with a machete stumbling around on the sidewalk. Police could not locate the guy.
Breaking and Entering
- A Center Street caller tipped cops off to 2 men and a woman going into a vacant house. Officers discovered the three inside. New Boston Police had a warrant for the woman. They served it on her and let her go. One of the men was arrested. The other two were warned to stay out of condemned houses.
- At 5:48 pm, a woman doing a property check for a bank found an open door on an empty house on Waller Street. Police found a man inside. They advised him not to trespass and let him go.
Under The Influence
- EMS and police responded to a report of an OD on Grant Street. The woman became alert on her own and refused medical treatment.
- Officers answered a call about a suspicious vehicle on Gallia just after 7 am. A caller reported a woman slumped over. Police sent for an ambulance. They took the woman into custody and arranged for a tow for the vehicle.
- At 2:36 am, a frightened mom told officers her drug addict son was on the porch of her 29th Street home with a knife, demanding his stimulus money. Officers removed him from the property and released him on the Scioto Trail.
- A concerned caller contacted police just before 3 pm to report a high woman leaving a pawn shop with a child in the car with her. Police could not locate the woman.
- Police responded to a report of a shirtless man who apparently overdosed near Ollie’s Burgers. He refused medical attention.
Last Seen With Pineapple
- A worried parent contacted police just after 2 am to report a missing 13-year-old. The girl was last seen hanging out with her boyfriend, Pineapple. The adults weren’t sure of his real name. However, they did have a list of places the girl might be. Police searched for the teen but did not locate her or Pineapple.
- Another runaway teen was caught leaving the house on a security camera. Family members told police they believed the child was in the parking lot of GameStop in New Boston. NBPD located two kids and gave them back to their parents.
- At 8:50 am, an angry mom told police a member of her underage son’s girlfriend’s family was buying the boy vaping products without her consent. Police took a statement to pass on to the prosecutor.
Hey! That’s My Stuff
- A Dexter Avenue caller reported a man on a red and white dirt bike attempting to steal things from yards. Police could not locate the guy.
- Just after 8 pm, a Kentland Avenue caller said someone broke into her vehicle and took credit cards and other items.
- A 5th Street caller reported a man attempting to steal tires from his vehicle. The guy fled the area and police could not locate him.
A Harding Street woman said a black dog with blue eyes attacked her daughter just after 6 pm. Police could not locate the dog.