Portsmouth Police Officer Helps Woman In Need
A Hudson House resident called the police to report missing medication. She said someone entered her apartment and took it.
The officer helped her located the meds in a cabinet over the stove. Police fetched a glass of water and stood by while she took her meds. Officers then found a more visible spot where she could keep her pills and reminded her not to forget her evening dose.
The concerned officer followed up with the MRDD to get some help for the woman. They suggested the woman’s POA should arrange for her to be evaluated.
The officer went back to the apartment to talk with the woman then worked with a social worker from SOMC to get her the help she needs.
Stolen Items Reported
- Just before 9 am, a North Hill Road caller reported two generators and stool stolen from the back of a truck. Police took information for a report.
- Police were called to the Woodbine Apartments for a report of a missing food stamp card. A woman said she gave it to her stepfather earlier in the day and he hadn’t returned it. Officers advised her to call Job and Family Services.
- Someone busted out a company truck window and stole several items near the Fishbowl just after 9 pm.
- At 9:58 pm, a Thomas Avenue caller said a woman stole her phone. The suspect denied taking the phone.
- An 11th Street caller reported someone broke into a truck and stole tools just after 9 am. The police came across a man with warrants and took him into custody.
- Police answered a call to Notre Dame High School at 2:42 pm. Someone broke out the passenger side window and stole a swim bag, emergency kit, and some toys.
- A Robinson Avenue woman called police at 2:58 pm to report her cousin stole a wallet containing $40 in cash and personal papers.
- At 3 pm, a 17th Street caller reported that a neighbor stole money and a cell phone from her. Officers took information for a report.
- Just after 4 pm, a Russ Street man reported his door was pried open. Police took information for a report.
- A 3rd Street caller reported stolen packages at 4:17 pm.
- Police answered a call to Wayne Avenue just a minute later for a report of a burglary.
- A man called from the Park and Ride just before 6 pm to report that someone stole the catalytic converter from his vehicle.
- Officers received a report of stolen alcohol from Speedway on Gallia just before 8 pm
- A 17th Street woman called police at 5:02 pm and reported her ex violated a protection order and stole her vehicle. Police took information for a report.
- At 5:44 pm, a caller reported seeing a man steal items from a blue van in the parking lot of the Dollar General. It turned out the man had permission from the van’s owner to be inside.
- Police responded to a report of a vehicle break-in at Frank & Stein’s Lounge at 8:42 pm. Officers took information for a report.
- The Dollar General on Harding reported a pair of shoplifters just before 10 pm. The clerk reported the male half of the duo threatened her. The employee knew the suspects by site and there was a video of the incident. Police took information for a report.
- Another vehicle break-in, this time at the Portsmouth Players club at 10:30 pm. Police took information for a report.
Portsmouth Police Helps Woman Portsmouth Police Helps Woman