A naked guy at the Speedway leads the Portsmouth, Ohio crime log for Sunday. A caller also reported a mom threatening to bust a butt and a fight in a church parking lot. We break in down in these 10 slides.
Under The Influence
At 12:30 am, just a few hours after a sister reported her brother had assaulted and robbed her, she called police to say he had purchased dope and was going to shoot up. Officers advised him about the health consequences of using drugs. They didn’t see any drugs. Officers also advised the siblings about disturbing the peace.
Naked At The Speedway
An employee at the Speedway on Gallia called police at 1:22 am to report a naked man in the bathroom. They wanted him removed from the store.
The store placed him on the barred list. Officers advised him that he was no longer welcome. He left the area.
Cry For Help
At 1:37 am, a Kent Street caller reported a woman’s screams. They also heard a vehicle speed off. Police checked the area and did find a woman involved in a disagreement. She said it wasn’t physical and that she was staying somewhere else that night.
Late Night Fight
AT 2:38 am, a caller advised police she heard neighbors engaged in a fist-fight through the wall. Several units arrived at the Robinson Avenue apartment and advised the brawlers to go their separate ways. No one was injured but a man broke some of his own plates.
Hey That’s My Stuff
- Police assisted NBPD with a report of a break-in on Rhodes Avenue at 5:42 am.
- Officers received a report of a chair missing from the Hudson House Lobby at 11 am. An employee found it out back later in the day.
- At 1:39 pm, a Glen Street caller reported his motorcycle missing from his yard. Police took a report.
- A woman reported money missing from her purse at 7:38 pm. She left it in a buggy on the CVS lot and a man came by and took money from the purse. Police took a report.
- Police received a report of a missing cell phone at 5 pm. The caller was able to track the phone and recover it.
Open Door Policy
A woman called police just after noon and reported an open door at Vapors. The business was closed, so she was concerned.
The officer checked the business, locked the front door, left a note on their whiteboard in the office, and then exited out the back door.
Waiting on A Friend
A caller reported two women doing drugs in a truck on High Street at 1:44 pm. Turns out they were just waiting on a friend.
Butts Will Be Busted
A caller reported that a Wayne Avenue mom threatened to “bust her kid’s butt” just before 2:30 pm. Officers said they advised the mom.
Child In The Road
New Boston Police advised PPD of a child in the road by itself at 8th and Young Street with no adult in site around 4 pm.
Fighting at Church
Not everyone shows up at a church on Sunday to pray. At 10 pm, a caller reported a man and woman fighting on the lot of the First Church of the Nazarene. Police could not locate the pair.