Portsmouth, Ohio Police investigated several crimes on Wednesday, including a dead body found in a garage and came to the aid of a mom and six kids after worried passersby called for help. We break down the highlights in these next 11 slides.
A caller notified police just before 12:30 am that a man due to be released from SOMC had an active warrant in Ross County.
Police confirmed the warrant and picked the man up twenty minutes later.
A citizen flagged down an officer just before 2 am on 8th Street to report that a box was on fire. The officer said it was a small box but he extinguished the flames.
Child In Danger
- Child Protective Services in Chillicothe notified Portsmouth Police about an alleged rape just before 9 am.
- A caller reported a child screaming on 4th Street just before noon. Police said the autistic boy appeared to be fine.
Hey, That’s My Stuff
- A caller reported a vehicle break n at the Park And Ride just before 10 am. The thief took a guitar and case valued at $700.
- The Dollar General Store notified PPD at 10:51 am that a man stole items and took off down Gallia.
- South Shore Police notified Portsmouth officers at 10:50 am that they had pulled over suspects in the theft of a 4-wheeler on Tuesday.
- A Grandview Avenue caller reported that someone stole a Joe Biden sign from his yard overnight. He said it’s the third time it’s happened.
- Police recovered a stolen vehicle at 10:25 pm on the 1800 block of Kendall. They notified the owner who responded to the scene to get her car.
Keep It Down
Police were called to 11th Street just after 1 pm for a report that a man had been yelling and screaming since 7 am.
Just after 1:30 pm, a Sunrise Avenue caller reported people arguing at a house. The caller said a woman got naked and then got into a car and drove off. All was quiet when police arrived.
Knocked the Sh*! Out Of Dad
A man told police he’d just ‘knocked the sh*!’ out of his father and now his dad won’t let him get his stuff. Police advised him to go away for a while.
At 1:54 pm police received a report from a woman following another woman who hit her vehicle and left the scene of the accident in New Boston. She followed the woman down Gallia, up Mabert, and onto Kendall but eventually lost her.
Police were unable to locate the suspect.
Under The Influence
- At 3:25 pm, a caller reported that a man had overdosed on 17th Street. She said two men dragged him and dropped him between the Oasis Carryout and the bowling alley. He was gone by the time police arrived.
- Police responded to a call from the Dollar General Store just before 6 pm. An apparently high man was screaming inside the store. Police transported him to SOMC.
Officers responded to a report of a dead body in a Robinson Avenue garage just before 8 pm. Police attempted to notify next of kin and the coroner transported the body to Montgomery County for autopsy.
Worried About Kids
Several people expressed concern about an incident that happened at the Wendy’s on the Scioto Trail just before 9 pm. A caller reported a woman and six children sitting near the restaurant. The caller saw them get out of a van.
The woman told police she was fine. She was waiting for Portsmouth Taxi to take her and her children to the Quality Inn.