A man scored his 66th trip to the Scioto County Jail, first responders revived 2 overdose victims, and a naked man spotted again on the levee. We hit the highlights from the Portsmouth Police Chief’s Daily Briefing.
Under the Influence
- Police responded to a report of an intoxicated man on 11th Street just before 1:30 am. Neighbors assisted officers with getting the man inside a home where a sober relative took responsibility.
- At 3:43 am, a caller reported a man passed out in a vehicle at Speedway. A friend drove him home about half an hour later.
- Officer answered an overdose call on 16th Street at 3:46 am. The woman refused medical treatment.
- Just after 11 am, PPD responded to a report of an apparently high man sitting on the sidewalk on the Scioto Trail. A friend took custody of the man and said they would attempt to get him into rehab.
- Another overdose report came in at 4:44 pm, this time on Vermont Avenue. Medics from the Portsmouth Fire Department revived the man with Narcan. No transport was necessary.
- At 9:17, an officer saved the life of a man who overdosed on Thomas Avenue. The man woke up after the officer administered a dose of Narcan. He refused further treatment.
Dog on the Loose
At 1:42 am, a Swauger Valley Road caller reported a loose German Shepherd running in traffic. The owner came to pick up the animal just before 2 am.
Hey! That’s My Stuff
- A Sycamore Street caller reported a burglary in progress at 6:13 am. About an hour later officers impounded several items they believed were taken during the garage break-in.
- Just after 3 pm, a shoplifter made a clean getaway with laundry detergent he stole from Dollar General on Harding Avenue. Police took information for a report.
- Another report of a break-in at 11:20 pm. A Franklin Street caller reported items missing from his garage. Police too information for a report.
Man arrested for 66th Time
Portsmouth Officers arrested a man for the 66th time just before 4 pm.
Officers responded to the Royal Inn on Kendall where a woman gave them permission to search the room. Chris Lampkin was wanted on a parole violation, so police took him to the Scioto County Jail.
It was his 4th arrest in the past year but his 66th visit to the jail. Police arrested him previously for parole and probation violations, disorderly conduct, assault, theft, robbery, criminal trespass, and possession of drug abuse instruments.
Naked on the Levy
A man police have arrested 39 times was at it again at 11 pm. A caller reported him naked on the levee. Police said he wasn’t any more intoxicated than usual and advised him to behave.