A man called Portsmouth, Ohio Police to report a dirty look while another guy went for a drive on the sidewalk. We break down the highlights from the Portsmouth Police Chief’s Daily Briefing in these six slides.
Under The Influence
- Police responded to the Scioto Trail Marathon station for a report of a man passed out in a vehicle at 12:40 am. A man and a woman in the vehicle were advised to call for someone to take their car home. Officers also told them they were barred from entering the business.
- Just after 7 am, a caller reported a man screaming and stumbling around the Marathon on Gay Street. Officers could not locate him.
- Officers received a report of a man crawling up the levy on Chillicothe Street. It turned out to be a guy the police receive almost daily calls about. He was fine.
- A Summit Street caller reported an overdose just before 11 pm. PFD treated the victim. Officers advised the man to go to a treatment program.
Can’t We All Just Get Along?
- Officers answered a call for two women fighting in a Kendall Avenue Apartment at 1:25 am. One woman reportedly climbed in a window. Officers discovered one of the women had a warrant and issued a summons. They took the other woman to the station.
- Police received a report of someone banging on windows at a Madison Street address at 4:25 am. A man and woman were arguing. The pair went their separate ways. However, they were galled back just a few minutes later when the man reported the woman busted out the windows of his camper. Officers could find the woman and the man didn’t want to press charges.
A mom asked police to check on her daughter’s safety. She said a man the daughter had a CPO against was at the residence. The daughter denied officers consent to check the residence but said she was okay.
Another worried mother contacted the police at 3:30 pm. She wanted to force her mentally impaired adult son to go to the hospital. Officers informed her they could not force him. They advised her to call his counselor.
Hey That’s My Stuff
- The Family Dollar on 11th reported a female shoplifter put makeup in her bag. Officers took a report and issued the woman a summons to appear in court.
- A woman called police at 4:41 to report a man took her car keys and tried to hit her. Police took a report.
- At 11:01 a caller reported her wallet was stolen from her unlocked vehicle at the First Stop Market while she was shopping. She thought that a man who tried to speak to her earlier might be the thief.
A man called police at 7 pm to report an issue with his neighbors at Hudson House He said they both gave him a dirty look. He also overheard them talking about him while visiting another apartment.
Officers documented the incident.
Don’t Drive On The Sidewalks
Officers advised a Kendall Avenue resident that he should not drive on the grass and sidewalk of his apartment building. Officers found his vehicle in the mud behind the apartment.
The man told police he was unloading groceries. He also claimed everyone else was doing it.