Ohio added 1,396 new cases of COVID-19 in the past 24 hours along with 40 deaths. Current numbers stand at:
- Total cases: 87,893
- Total deaths: 3,422
- Presumed recovered: 62,695
Travel Advisory Updated
Ohio updated its travel advisory on Thursday. The state reduced the number of states on its watch list to seven. The state encouraged Ohioans to avoid travel to affected states. States on the list showed a COVID-19 positivity rate above 15% or higher.
- South Carolina
Anyone coming to Ohio after a visit to these states is asked to self-quarantine for 14 days.
The recent spike in COVID-19 cases in the county led the Governor to declare Scioto County in Red Alert health status. In just one month, the number of cases increased from 33 to 138. Factors involved in declaring a red alert include:
- Number of new cases based on the population of the county
- A sustained increase in cases
- Cases not coming from high-risk settings like nursing homes or jails
- Increase in ER visits for COVID symptoms
- Sustained Increase in Outpatient visits for COVID symptoms
- Increase in new COVID hospital admissions
- ICU occupancy rate goes above 80% for three days
In our region, Lawrence and Scioto are currently at Red Alert status.