Portsmouth, Ohio Police captured an escaped inmate in an unusual place on Wednesday, the Goodwill Store on Robinson Avenue. You never know what you’re going to find at Goodwill, but usually, it’s something more along the lines of a designer coat or a cool clock from the 1970s.
PPD officers found Hobert Roark, a 40-year-old escaped inmate from the Brown County Jail. Roark escaped from the jail on Tuesday evening. The Brown County Sheriff said Roark damaged a security window and climbed out. He then fled through the impound lot.
Officers initially arrested Roark on multiple charges, including:
- Grand Theft
- Receiving Stolen Property
- Failure to Comply with a Police Officer
- Possession of Firearms under Disability
Portsmouth, Ohio officers caught up with him at 4 pm. According to police reports, he was in a White Impala located in the Goodwill lot. Six units showed up at the scene and took him into custody without any incident. Officers read him his rights and transported him to the Scioto County Jail.
The Brown County Sheriff said there was an extensive investigation involving multiple law enforcement agencies, including:
- Portsmouth SWAT Team
- Georgetown Police Department
- New Boston Police Department
- Mount Orab Police Department
- U.S Marshall SOFAST Team
- Ohio Highway Patrol
- Scioto County Sheriff’s Office
- Brown County Coroner’s Office
- Brown County Drug Task Force