5 Challenges To Electing Your Preferred Candidates
Although, there are probably, several reasons/ explanations, for why, this nation’s participation – percentage, of voters, is, as low, as it is, one of the principle causes of this, apparent, voter apathy, is disappointment, etc, in our political system. If you feel, your elected officials, including Senators, Congressmen, and President, achieve very little, for the greater good, you certainly, aren’t alone! Are you, sick – and – tired, of empty rhetoric, and unfulfilled promises, and the feeling, little seems to change, for the better, and, far – too – often, the best candidate, is not elected? For example, in 2016, more people failed to exercise their right – to – vote, than voted, for either major candidate! For the second time, this century, the candidate, with less popular votes, was the victor, due to the way, the Electoral College, functions, and operates! While, the House of Representatives, is far more representative of constituents, and the size of the specific populations, because of gerrymandering, even this, does not provide, equal representation, etc!
The composition of the Senate, because it assigns two Senators, to each state, regardless of population, means, for example, a state, such as California, with close to 40 million residents, receives, 1 Senator, per 20 million people, while, with a population of about 550, 000, has 1 Senator, per 275, 000 people. With that in mind, if you hope, to change things, for the better, and have better candidates, elected, you must understand, at least these 5 challenges, and proceed, accordingly. For that reason, this article will attempt to review, consider, examine, and discuss, some things, which might, at least, partially, remedy these things.
1. Voter turnout: It’s not enough, to simply, feel (or, even, know), your side is in the majority, because, unless/ until, you focus on getting your side’s voters, out, to the polls, and cast their votes, little, will change, for the better!
2. Inspire/ motivate: In order to reduce this degree of inequality, perceived – failures, and voter apathy, one needs to clearly, inspire and motivate, his voters, to get more involved, and vote! They must try to articulate an easy – to – understand, plan, which emphasizes, breadbasket issues, and brings us, together, for the common good!
3. Counter/ dispute lies: It seems, today’s political advertisements, are more deceitful than we have seen, in recent memory! Many of these, instead of merely, using, basic, political spin, are closer to outright – lies! Therefore, political campaigns must be more proactive, and, immediately, adjust, react, and counter/ dispute, these lies, in a clear – cut, manner!
4. Clearly articulating your reasons, and benefits: It’s essential to attempt to clearly, articulate the reasons, your preferred candidate, is the best choice. It is far better, to do so, in a positive, benefits – based, manner, than to go – negative! These days, unfortunately, too many political ads, are negative!
5. Earning the trust: We need leaders, who earn our trust, consistently, not by their rhetoric, and promises, but by their commitment, planning, actions, strategies, and quality of their ideas! Instead of the same – old, same – old, focus, we must demand ideas, which are relevant, and sustainable, instead of merely, populist!
Far – too often, candidates, I have been convinced, were superior to their opponents, have lost their elections! The best thing, each of us, must do, is always, vote, and try, to think beyond the short-term, populism, and emphasize true needs, priorities, and possibilities!